Standard Nigeria Passport - Green cover
All Nigerians by birth , naturalization and registration This is the most commonly used travel document in Nigeria.
Explanatory Note: No Nigerian is allowed to hold multiple standard passport
HOW TO APPLY FOR A NIGERIAN PASSPORT :
E-PASSPORTS MAY NOT BE RENEWED OR EXTENDED, ONCE EXPIRED, YOU HAVE TO APPLY FOR A NEW PASSPORT.
PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES FULLY BEFORE BEGINNING THE APPLICATION
THE FEE FOR THE NIGERIAN E(ECOWAS) PASSPORT ARE AS FOLLOWS:
Minor(0 to 17 years old)
Adult (18 to 59 years old)
Senior (60 and above)
General Documents required for interview:
- Local Government letter of identification.
- Birth certificate / age declaration.
- 2 recent colour passport photographs
- Guarantor's form sworn to before a commissioner of Oaths / Magistrate / High Court Judge
- Parents' letter of consent for minors under 16 years
- Marriage certificate where applicable
- Police report in case of lost passport
- Submit application with supporting documents to passport office / Embassy / High commission.
PAYMENT FOR NIGERIAN WHO ARE RESIDENCE IN SWITZERLAND
If you select a processing country other than Nigeria, your payment will be in US Dollars. You will be re-directed to an approved payment platform to complete your application and make your payment in US Dollars.
- Have a Credit Card ready.
- Go to our website https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/passport/epassport for the electronic application.
- Select Standard E-PASSPORT – The Official E-Passport is ONLY for Government Officials travelling abroad
- Select SWITZERLAND as processing country and BERN as Office of Application.
- Click on “START APPLICATION’. Choose from GOOGLE or YAHOO and create an account or if you have one, SIGN IN.
- Complete the application online and print out a copy of the completed application before you submit for payment.
- Complete the application for – PRINT – click submit
- On successful submission of your application, you will come to a page that will contain your reference ID which will also be emailed to you from the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) – Close the screen to proceed to payment or to input further applications (UP to 6 applications)
- Select method of payment (Master, Visa or American Express) and follow relevant steps.
Note: You may choose to exit the application to make payment at a later stage. To return, go to www.innovate1.com and sign in.
- Upon making your electronic payment or after having entered and submitted your credit card details, you will first be e-mailed an acknowledgement. Please allow minutes for receipt of a confirmation payment e-mail from Innovate1 service.
- Print out your receipt/acknowledgement slip.
- Then call (+41313842600) the Embassy to make appointment, as Passport day is only on THURSDAY`S OF EVERY WEEK.
- EVERY APPLICANT MUST ATTEND AND BRING THIS DOCUMENT IN PERSON ON THE GIVEN INTERVIEW DATE BETWEEN 9am – 12.30pm only on THURSDAY. Please take note that
Note:NO APPLICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER 12.30PM
Note: APPLICANTS MAY RESCHEDULE THE INTERVIEW DATE. Please call +41313842600
Note: ALL APPLICATIONS ARE VALID FOR A PERIOD OF SIX (6) MONTHS FROM THE DATE OF SUBMISSION ONCE THE TIME HAS LAPSED, APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO RE-APPLY AND MAKE ANOTHER PAYMENT.
DOCUMENTS FOR SUBMISSION (PER APPLICANT) AT INTERVIEW:
- (1) Copy of online application form (signed and dated)
- (2) Online Payment Confirmation Slip
- (3) All administrative fees has been abolished by Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- (4) Passport Applicant shall be required to present their Expired Nigerian Passport and photocopy of the data page (which clearly shows photograph, full name and date of birth)
- 2 passport Photographs are required for documentation purpose
- Every applicant must appear in person at the Embassy for finger and thumb printing necessary to produce the E-passport.
- Copy of Swiss residence Permit or Swiss passport
FOR MINORS (First time Applicants):
Note: THE E-PASSPORT DOES NOT ALLOW CHILD ENDORSEMENT, PARENTS SHOULD APPLY FOR INDIVIDUAL PASSPORT FOR EACH CHILD, THIS INCLUDES NEWLY BORN INFANTS.
- Items 1-3 ABOVE +
- Signed letter of CONSENT from the FATHER. – signature should match the signature on his passport and name should match those on the child’s birth certificate
- Copy of parents’ passports (Data Page)
- Copy of the child’s birth certificate
- Copy of the child`s Swiss residence permit or Swiss passport
ADULT (FIRST TIME APPLICANT)
- Items 1-3 ABOVE +
- Applicant’s birth certificate
- Copy of the applicant Swiss residence permit or Swiss passport